Wednesday, August 20, 2008

When Am Back On My Feet Again...

I've sung this song a thousand times or more after I had met with a near-fatal accident on the 15th of August 1997. After I was declared as 40 % permanently partially disabled and a pair of crutches were given to me to sport, I felt I had lost my independence and would remain forever crippled. There are many a soul whom I owe my life and everything to what I presently am.

I must express my heartfelt gratitude to Mr. Bhaskar Bhai, who rescued me and rushed me to the hospital and even went on to spend some money out of his pocket for medication...
My
Amma, Appa, Paati (for every prayer they performed and every blessings they showered on me), brothers--Cheenu, Kumar, Kannan, and many others in the family... who have wished that I get back well soon.

A large number of kids, specially the ones of Anandalaya, where I served for 5 academic years, Revathi, Suganthi, Saakshi, Manish, Komal, Mehul, Monark, Niranjan, Vikram, Sai, and many others who ensured that the smile lasted on my face and helped me stay sane and going.

Couple of doctors in Bhavnagar, Dr. Yashwant Doshi, Dr. Viradiya, who
are like Father Figures for me...

Several of my friends who helped me through some of the most difficult times that followed between 1997 and 1999. Sunil and his daughter Suzianna, SSG, the Khannas, Manimozhi and Family, Gopal, Shivani and Family, Meena, Mamata, the list is endless...

Today after 12 years when I got to listen to this song again, I am moved...
I dedicate this this song for all of them...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful of you to address a 'Thank You' to the people who showed such kindess to you when you needed it most.

I went through your blog and it was very moving and as always, your website carries exciting features and experiences. Not many people take the time nor remember those people who stood by them and it's really nice of you to do that.

Anonymous said...

Heartfelt...
Gratitude is not often shared with the ones that deserve it...

vikram khoda said...

hello sir,

Though i feel puzzled in what way i managed to bring smile on ur face. But since u have mentioned my name as one of those person's, i feel glad i did something to bring that smile on ur face. A nice blog...had a quick glance but someday when i have internet connection on my room, i will read with ease. U haven't changed over the years....still the passionate, emotional, genuine, frank person i have seen since childhood. Very few have those qualities and i appreciate the same in you. By the way happy birthday to you!

Vikram